Brother UK — tackling Britain’s messy desks
Brother UK wanted to promote its label printers to office professionals, but we went one step further. We put the spotlight on Britain’s messy desks to reveal the time and money wasted in offices without labels. The clever campaign combined hard-hitting research with integrated marketing activity to raise awareness and drive sales of label printers — and has since picked up industry awards.
Label printers perform a very functional role within the office environment. Our challenge was to demonstrate the tangible benefits of labelling to drive sales.
By commissioning research into office life, we found British businesses lose an estimated 35.7 million working days a year as office workers waste time searching for missing documents on messy desks. What’s more, it contributes to stress and anxiety in the workplace.
We used these compelling findings to demonstrate how Brother label printers could help to clean up Britain’s messy desks — creating a calmer work environment, and saving businesses valuable time and money in the process.
- Exceeded 55% sales target for Brother office label printers
- Reached combined audience of 169,798,951 through coverage on SkyNews, Mail Online, The Daily Telegraph, Yahoo News, the Daily Mail, Sky Radio Network and industry title, DeskDemon
- 19,000 unique users played our custom-built messy desk game over 37,000 times
- 4,000 Facebook Likes achieved
- 1,357,400 social media audience reached
- 2,000 office professionals’ data captured at the trade Office Show
- 29.46% email open rate achieved (industry average 9-15%)
- 1,242 office professionals’ data captured via our online competition
- Commissioned research to create a news story which revealed the time and cost implications of messy desks in the average British office
- Developed tailored packages for the media which included video, broadcast and print, to drive nationwide coverage of research findings and ignite conversation
- Created a social media hub for the campaign, to promote the competition and engage office professionals online
- Developed a digital game about messy desks to inform, engage and entertain thousands of office professionals at the trade Office Show and through social media
- Used experiential activity via a stand at the trade Office Show to give people the chance to trial Brother’s label printers, and to capture data
- Launched a competition to win a holiday to get away from office stress which was promoted via social media and in partnership with leading office title, DeskDemon
- Executed an email campaign to directly engage thousands of office professionals in a targeted and efficient way
Want to chat about us working together?contact us