National Wallpaper Week
We worked with Graham & Brown to launch the first ever celebration of wallpaper, National Wallpaper Week.
Taking place 5 — 11 October, Citypress teamed up with designers such as Julien Macdonald, Kelly Hoppen and Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen as well as retailers including B&Q, Homebase and Very.co.uk to celebrate everything that is great and good about the world of wallpaper.
Graham & Brown wanted to shine a spotlight on its industry for the very first time and get people talking about wallpaper outside of the usual channels of home décor and design media.
By launching the very first National Wallpaper Week, Citypress promoted wallpaper as desirable, fashionable, easy to use and even sexy.
- 52% uplift in online sales
- 100+ pieces of coverage
- A 52% uplift in online sales of wallpaper during the week
- Coverage on primetime TV with a feature film and in-studio segment on BBC1’s The One Show, with presenters Matt Baker and Alex Jones and guest Steve Coogan discussing their favourite wallpapers
- National newspaper coverage for the launch of Kinky Vintage, the wallpaper set to get Britain’s pulses racing in the bedroom in the Daily Mirror, Daily Star, the Sun, Shortlist and the Metro
- Over 100 pieces of coverage for the week, across magazines, newspapers, broadcast and online media
- Support from over 50 UK and international bloggers
- A mention from Chris Evans on his BBC Radio 2 programme
- #wallpaperweek trending on social media during the week
- Widespread retailer support with double-page spreads in Very.co.uk’s customer magazine, in-store events at B&Q, promotions by Homebase and competitions by Laura Ashley
- Generated a topical news story around the colour of the nation’s bedrooms and how this correlates to their sex lives, using research and commentary from TV sexpert Tracey Cox
- Secured a series of tips, advice and trend pieces in consumer newspapers and magazines such as Daily Express, Prima, Metro and Sunday Mirror
- Created engaging social content to drive conversations around the week, including a Facebook quiz, trade and consumer competitions
- Managed an appearance by wallpaper designer Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen at the Trafford Centre to promote the new products
Want to chat about us working together?contact us